Welcome to the website of The Oncology Institute „Prof. Dr. Ion Chiricuţă”!
The Oncology Institute "Prof. Dr. Ion Chiricuta" Cluj-Napoca was established in 1929 by Professor Iuliu Moldovan, under the name of "The Institute for Research and Tratment of Cancer", and it is one of the first cancer centers in Europe. Nowadays, the Institute bears the name of Professor Ion Chiricuţă, who has modernized the place.
The Instutute is a comprehensive cancer center of national public interest, with juridical personality, subordinate to the Ministry of Public Health. It offers preventive, curative and palliative medical services in the oncologic domain, as well as research and learning opportunities.